Feel a rush of adrenaline as you spend a fantastic day rafting down the Pescados River. You will sail down the water at full speed as you take on the hair raising rapids.
Rafting on Pescados River
We will pick you up from your hotel between 7 am and 7:20 am, where we board a minibus that will take us to the town of Jalcomulco, located about an hour and a half outside Veracruz.
Once we arrive in Jalcomulco, we will meet up with the instructor for the day and put on our life jackets. Then it's time to grab the paddles and set sail!
We'll get on the raft and, push off into the fast-flowing river. Rocks, waterfalls, and rapids will be waiting to give you a burst of adrenaline. For the next two and a half hours, we will sail down the wild rapids of the Pescados River at full speed until we reach the endpoint.
Back on dry land, we will get back in the minibus and take you back to your hotel in Veracruz, arriving between 1 pm and 1:20 pm.
Level of difficulty
These rapids have a difficulty level of grade III and IV which is known as "white water" due to the foam generated by its strong currents. Are you brave enough to take on the challenge?
Other departure points
This tour departs from Veracruz, however, we also offer the Pescados River Trip from Boca del Rio.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 12 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 68.90
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in minibus.
Guide in English.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (7:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).