Follow the fascinating coffee route through Coatepec when you take this trip from Veracruz. You will witness the whole process involved in producing one of the most popular drinks in the world.
Coatepec Coffee Tour
We will pick you up at your hotel in Veracruz between 8 am and 8:20 am, before heading to Coatepec, one of Mexico's 24 designated 'Magical Towns'.
Coatepec has a great coffee tradition and is one of the best places in Mexico to discover all the secrets of this popular drink. We will visit one of the most important coffee plantations in the area, where we learn about the cultivation of coffee, the roasting process, and how it reaches our cups.
We will then head to one of the oldest coffee farms in the region, the one that produces the famous Bola de Oro brand. Here, you will enjoy a tasting of the product and learn to appreciate the nuances of the bean. By the end of the visit, you will be an expert!
After the tasting, we will visit the old Pacho Nuevo hacienda, which has witnessed more than 400 years of history. Here, we will learn how the people who work in this sector live, and how the techniques of coffee production have evolved over time.
When the Coatepec Coffee Tour has finished, we will take you back to your hotel in Veracruz, arriving between 8 pm and 8:30 pm.
Other departure points
This tour departs from Veracruz but we also offer the same Coffee Tour of Coapetec departing from Boca del Rio.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 2 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 2 years oldFree
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the places visited on the itinerary.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).