Delve into the stunning Alpine landscapes of Switzerland on this day trip from Zurich: explore picturesque Lucerne and admire breathtakingly beautiful views from Bürgenstock mountain.
Lucerne & Bürgenstock Day Trip
After meeting at Sihlquai bus station in Zurich at 9:30 am, you'll climb aboard your bus and head to Lucerne. As you take in the views of the beautiful Lake of the Four Cantons, your guide will point out the most important monuments in the old town, including Chapel Bridge, the oldest wooden bridge in Europe and one of Switzerland's most photographed monuments, and the Jesuit Church, a historic Baroque temple on the banks of the River Reuss.
Arriving in Lucerne, one of Switzerland's prettiest and most enigmatic cities, you'll have free time to explore its picturesque sights at your own pace, and your guide will recommend some of the best places to check out, suchas the Weinmarkt Square.
Having made the most of time in Lucerne, you'll embark on a boat trip across Lake Lucerne to Kehrsiten, where you'll take the funicular railway up Bürgenstock mountain. At the peak, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy a hike amongst the stunning nature or to explore the famous resort located here, which originally opened in 1827 and has hosted renowned guests including Audrey Hepburn and Sean Connery. You'll also have time to hike up to the Hammetschwand Lift, the world's tallest exterior elevator (ticket not included).
Keep in mind that, in 2021, the Hammetschwand lift is open between March 27 and November 12, as long as weather conditions allow it.
At the end of the day, you'll take the funicular back down to Lucerne, where you'll meet back up with your guide for the return journey to Zurich by bus.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 15 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 15 years oldUS$ 58.30
Children under 6 years oldFree
9 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus between Zurich and Lucerne.
Return boat trip between Lucerne and Kehrsiten.
Return ticket for Bürgenstock funicular railway.
Tickets for the Hammetschwand Lift (15 Fr (US$ 16.20) per person).
When to book?
You can book up until 11 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Sihlquai bus terminal.