Let yourself by captivated by the incredible beauty of Mount Titlis, Lucerne and Engelberg and make the most of the Swiss Alps enjoying a cable car ride over the mountains!
Mount Titlis Day Trip Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, you'll leave Zurich behind and head in the direction of Lucerne. Enjoy a panoramic tour of this beautiful lakeside Swiss city and discover the surprising legends that surround its most important monuments thanks to your guide. Following your tour of Lucerne, you'll have an hour of free time to explore its historic centre at your own pace, or to indulge in some lunch.
You'll then continue on the route to Engelberg, a village and mountain resort in central Switzerland. Here, you'll hop on board the Titlis Rotair. The cabins of this panoramic cable car rotate as you travel up the mountain, allowing you breathtaking 360-degree views over the spectacular Alpine landscapes surrounding you.
After a 40-minute cable car journey, you'll reach the peak of Mount Titlis, located at over 10,600 feet (3,238 m) above sea level. At the summit, you'll have approximately two hours of free time to enjoy all of the activities on offer at the mountain.
Following a day of mountain fun, you'll catch the cable car back down to Engelberg and make the return journey to Zurich.
What is there to do at Mount Titlis?
Once at the summit of Mount Titlis, you'll have the opportunity to take part in the following activities, all of which are included in your ticket:
- Titlis Cliff Walk: at around 10,000 feet (3,000 m) above sea level, this is Europe's highest suspension bridge. On a clear day, walking over the Cliff Walk offers incomparable views over the glacier 1,500 feet (460 m) below, the Uri Alps and even as far as Italy!
- Ice Flyer: this chair lift will fly you over the glaciers of Mount Titlis, giving you incredible bird's eye views over virgin snow and impressive crevasses.
- Glacier Cave: delve into the magical world of ice, exploring this almost 500-foot-long (150 m) walkway carved below the surface of the glacier.
- Glacier Park: welcome to the snow fun zone! Enjoy sledding and snowtubing down a snow-covered slope for the ultimate Mount Titlis experience.
Access to all of these activities is included in your tour price, however please bear in mind their availability is subject to weather conditions.
Please note that the explanations on board the bus will be given simultaneously in English, German and Spanish. From November to April, there will only be Spanish explanations on weekends.
This excursion will no take place between 2 and 13 November 2020 due to maintenance work on the cable car.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 15 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 15 years oldUS$ 81.20
Children under 6 years oldFree
* The price increases on the 31 March
9 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Return ticket for Mount Titlis cable car.
Tickets for activities at Mount Titlis (Ice Flyer, Cliff Walk, Glacier Cave and Glacier Park).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Zurich local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Sihlquai bus terminal.