Discover the magic of Jungfraujoch, one of Switzerland's most spectacular natural sights. Climb up to 3,466 metres above sea level on the famous rack railway and find yourself at the Top of Europe!
Jungfraujoch Day Trip Itinerary
Your excursion to the "Top of Europe" will begin from the Sihlquai bus terminal in Zurich. Driving through the beautiful countryside of the Bernese Oberland, you'll make a stop in the idyllic town of Interlaken, so named for its location nestled between Lakes Thun and Brienz. After admiring picturesque Interlaken, you'll head to the nearby village of Grindelwald.
In Grindelwald, you'll travel by train up to Kleine Scheidegg station, where you'll climb on board the rack railway, or cogwheel train, which will take you up to Europe's highest train station! Here, at over 3,400 metres above sea level (11,371 ft), you'll find yourself on Jungfraujoch mountain. The "Top of Europe", as it is also known, offers spectacular views over the surrounding peaks: Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau itself. You'll be left speechless by the stunning natural landscapes, which have been declared a World Heritage Site.
At the peak of Jungfraujoch, you'll have approximately two hours of free time to enjoy the activities on offer here and recharge your batteries with lunch in the restaurant. After making the most of the mountain, you'll meet back up with the guide to catch the rack railway back down the Kleine Scheidegg, before making the return journey to Zurich.
What is there to do at Jungfraujoch?
Once at the top of Jungfraujoch, there are lots of different activities allowing you to make the most of being at the Top of Europe:
- Sphinx Observation Terrace: visit one of the highest observatories in the world, for spectacular views over the snow-capped peaks of the Swiss mountains and the Aletsch Glacier, the longest glacier in Europe.
- Ice Palace: walk to the heart of a glacier in a tunnel carved out of the ice.
- Alpine Sensation: a fascinating exhibition about the history of Jungfraujoch, with a memorial to the miners who dug the railway, and a giant snow globe.
Access to all of these activities is included in your tour price, however please bear in mind their availability is subject to weather conditions
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 15 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 15 years oldUS$ 136.50
Children under 6 years oldFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Transport by air conditioned coach.
English speaking guide.
One way ticket for train between Grindelwald and Kleine Scheidegg.
Return ticket for rack railway between Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch.
Tickets for Jungfraujoch attractions (Sphinx Observation Terrace, Ice Palace, Aletsch Glacier and Alpine Sensation).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (10:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Sihlquai bus terminal.