Discover Europe's largest waterfalls on this day trip from Zurich: you'll be captivated by the incredible natural beauty of Rhine Falls and the picturesque town of Schaffhausen.
Rhine Falls Day Trip Itinerary
At the scheduled time, you'll leave Zurich behind and head into the stunning natural landscapes of northern Switzerland.
After a 40 minute drive through vineyards and enchanting villages, you'll make your first stop at Laufen Castle, a Medieval fortress which offers incredible views of the Rhine Falls. At 150 metres (490 ft) wide and 23 metres (75 ft) high, the Rheinfall is Europe's biggest waterfall and one of Switzerland's major tourist attractions.
You'll have around an hour of free time to explore the Rhine Falls and enjoy the activities on offer here. We'll get as close as possible to these majestic falls as we tell you all about their formation.
Having made the most of your time at Rhine Falls, your return journey to Zurich will take you through the charming town of Schaffgausen, where you can admire the 16th century circular castle known as Munot Fortress. You'll then drive through Germany for a short while, before arriving back in Zurich.
Remember to bring your valid passport on the day of the tour: you will need it to cross the border between Switzerland and Germany.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 15 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 15 years oldUS$ 29.50
Children under 6 years oldFree
3 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Transport by air conditioned coach.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to Laufen Castle.
Boat trip at Rhine Falls (only available in summer, 10 CHF).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Zurich local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can we take a pushchair/stroller/buggy?
A - Yes, you can leave it in the luggage compartment on the bus during the journeys, and the viewpoints and pathways are all accessible with pushchairs. However, the path to the boat (boat ride not included) does not have pushchair access.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Sihlquai bus terminal.