Discover the best of Antigua Guatemala on this guided walking tour of its most emblematic landmarks and delve into the history of the country's former capital.
Antigua Guatemala Guided Walking Tour
On the day of our tour, we'll meet at Calle Oriente 2 at 9 am and begin exploring the historic streets of this city that was the capital of Guatemala for two hundred years.
We'll tour the old Spanish colonial city accompanied by an English speaking guide who will reveal fascinating stories from Antigua Guatemala's past. Beginning at the Church of La Merced, we'll stroll over to the Santa Catalina Arch, and you'll get to admire the iconic yellow architecture of both of these emblematic monuments.
Our next stop will be at the Parque Central, one of the city's main squares and a popular meeting place. Lining each of its sides, you'll see important buildings such as the City Hall, the Church of San José (formerly known as the Cathedral of Guatemala), the Archbishop's Palace and the Portal del Comercio, historically one of the most important shopping areas of Antigua Guatemala. The final stop on our tour will be at the Tanque de la Unión, a gathering place used in colonial times as a public laundry.
At the end of our walking tour of Antigua Guatemala, we'll make our way back to the meeting point at 12 pm.
Full Day Walking Tour
If you'd like to make the most of your time in Antigua Guatemala and want to spend the whole day exploring this picturesque city, this is the option for you: you'll see the former capital's most historically significant places of interest before visiting nearby towns too.
After completing the above itinerary for the half-day tour of Antigua, we'll head out to the surrounding villages. Discover San Antonio Aguas Calientes, San Miguel Dueñas (where we will visit a macadamia farm), Ciudad Vieja and San Juan del Obispo, where we'll delve further into the colonial heritage of the region.
Operating Times & Days
Both options begin at 9 am.
- Half day tour: this tour lasts 3 hours and operates every day.
- Full day tour: this tour lasts 8 hours and operates on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Children under 3 years old go free and do not require a reservation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old|
|Half day tour||
|Full day tour||
Half day tour
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 15
Full day tour
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 50
3 hours - 8 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and Spanish.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
2 calle oriente #4B Antigua Guatemala.