Get to know the scenery around this unique Portuguese city with this Aveiro Salt Flats & Moliceiro Cruise which also includes a trip on the traditional boats.
Aveiro Salt Flats & Moliceiro Cruise
From Largo do Jardim do Rossio we'll start the first part of the tour enjoying a peaceful panoramic tour of the Salinas de Aveiro. Did you know that salt has been the economic engine of the city for decades? You'll discover interesting facts about this industry!
Then, we'll go to the famous Costa Nova to discover the most beautiful beaches in Aveiro. This will include the Praia da Costa Nova and its colourful fishermen's houses, palheiros, and Praia do Paredão Barra. On this last beach, we'll observe the lighthouse that guides the ships that sail parallel to this area of the Portuguese coast every night.
We'll put the final touch to our tour by enjoying a peaceful ride in a moliceiro boat through the channels of Aveiro, these typical low-draft boats are perfect for navigating the narrow channels! During the crossing, we'll admire the beautiful Art Nouveau style buildings of the old town. Their decoration is complemented by the iconic Portuguese tiles that adorn such outstanding monuments as the beautiful old railway station of Aveiro.
You'll also have the chance to taste the traditional local sweets, called ovos moles, which are simply delicious!
The tour in Largo do Rossio will end after 2 hours and 15 minutes enjoying the charms of Aveiro.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 18.10
Children under 5 years oldFree
2 hours 15 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and other languages.
Guided tour of Aveiro by minibus.
English speaking guide with specialist knowledge of Aveiro's history.
Boat trip in a Moliceiro.
Tasting of local sweet (ovos moles).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Largo do Jardim do Rossio.