Discover the charms of Aveiro on this free walking tour of the city's historic city centre: admire the beautiful Carcavelos bridge, fantastic Art Nouveau buildings, and the charming Misericórdia (Mercy) Church.
Free Walking Tour of Aveiro
We'll meet up at the scheduled time in the centrally-located Jardim do Rossio, ready to begin our free walking tour of Aveiro, often nicknamed the "Portuguese Venice".
Strolling alongside Aveiro's idyllic canals, we'll see the traditional moliceiro boats. These small colourful gondolas were historically used for the transport of salt and seaweed. We'll pass old warehouses and striking Art Nouveau façades, and cross pretty footbridges such as the Carcavelos Bridge.
Afterwards, some of the city's most famous monuments await us. We'll admire the elegant white and blue tile façade of the Misericordia Church, as well as seeing Aveiro City Hall and the municipal theatre. Not far from here, we'll find the city's magnificent 15th-century Cathedral.
The free wallking tour of Aveiro will come to an end at the meeting point after an hour and a half.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Largo do Jardim do Rossio.