Discover the largest ski centre in the southern hemisphere with this day trip to Cerro Catedral. A must-see for all mountain lovers!
Day Trip to Cerro Catedral
We'll leave San Carlos de Bariloche and head towards Villa Cathedral. On the approximately 40-minute journey, the guide will explain everything that you can do in this area of Argentina; it's a true paradise if you love being in the mountains.
You'll have four hours of free time to enjoy Villa Cathedral at your leisure. This small town is located at the foot of the famous Cerro Cathedral: an imposing summit some 7670 feet (2338 metres) above sea level with breathtaking steep peaks.
Cerro Catedral, in the middle of the Nahuel Huapi National Park, is considered to be the greatest ski centre in the southern hemisphere. You can take the chair lift (ticket not included) to the top of the mountain to enjoy incredible views of the mountain tops and Lake Gutiérrez. From the peak of Cerro Catedral you can also see Cerro Tronador and the Chilean Puntiagudo Volcano.
If you love mountain sports and activities, on the pistes of Cerro Catedral you can ski and snowboard. This area is also perfect for hiking and mountain biking. There's no bad way of discovering this incredible natural environment.
At 5 pm, we'll meet in Villa Catedral to then make our way back to San Carlos de Bariloche.
Hotel pick up
This activity includes a pick up service from hotels in the centre of Bariloche. If your accommodation is elsewhere, you must make your own way to the meeting point for the scheduled time.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 18 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old.|
Children under 3 years old.Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Return bus transport from Bariloche.
English speaking guide.
Chair lift up Cerro Catedral (10 USD for over 12s, 5 USD for children aged 6 to 12, free for under 6s).
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.