Get lost in the whitewashed streets of Vejer de la Frontera and discover the fascinating history of Medina Sidonia on this day trip from Cádiz.
Vejer and Medina Sidonia Day Trip
We'll leave Cádiz behind and head further inland to Medina Sidonia. After a 30 minute journey, we'll arrive in this fascinating town where you'll have some free time to explore and discover the Arabic heritage in its streets.
Afterwards, we'll set off for Vejer de la Frontera. When we arrive we'll go on a guided tour to see for ourselves why this picturesque village is included in the prestigious list of "The Most Beautiful Towns in Spain". We'll explore the historical centre of Vejer to learn about its Moorish and Christian past, a fusion of cultures that can still be seen in its whitewashed streets.
We'll also pass through the ornate Plaza de España as we head towards the defensive walls of Vejer, a vestige of the old disputes between the Andalusian territories and the Christian kingdoms. After learning all about these medieval battles, we'll head back to the bus.
At the end of the trip, we'll return to Cádiz, arriving by around 3 pm.
When you book, you'll need to select one of the following pick up points:
- Customs Building, Plaza Sevilla: 8:55 am.
- Bus stop, Avenida Andalucia number 45, outside the Puertatierra Hotel: 9 am.
- Bus stop, Avenida Cayetano del Toro number 17-19: 9:05 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 28.20
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Cádiz local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).