This Cancun Islands tour of Isla Contoy and Isla Mujeres is perfect to discover the Mexican Caribbean charm in just one day. Visit the last virgin island in the region and submerge yourself into one of the largest coral reefs in the world.
Cancun Islands Tour
After picking you up at the meeting point, we'll enjoy a small breakfast at Cancun port before getting the boat to Isla Contoy, the last paradise virgin island in the Mexican Caribbean.
Once we get to Isla Contoy, we'll visit the Isla Contoy National Park where we'll get to see its unspoilt ecosystem, the migratory bird sanctuary and the endangered sea turtles. Then we'll explore one of the largest coral reefs in the world while snorkelling and admiring the vast array of tropical fish.
When we've finished we'll get back on the boat and head to Islas Mujeres, one of the best-known tourist spots in Mexico. Once we've disembarked we'll enjoy a delicious lunch consisting of grilled fish and chicken with a traditional Mexican side dish. Here you'll have an hour of free time to enjoy the beautiful beaches and the winding streets in the centre of the island.
Finally, we'll go back to Cancun at around 4 pm and arrive at the meeting points at 4:30 pm.
The use of sun protection or repellent isn't permitted, as this is a protected natural area.
Times and Meeting Points
This tour includes pick up between 6 and 9 am, at the following hotels in Cancun:
In this document as well as seeing the hotels available, you can also see the exact time that you'll be picked up from your accommodation.
Remember that upon booking you'll be asked to state the name of the hotel so that we know to pick you up.
From the 1st December 2019 until the 30th March 2020, you can rent a wetsuit to avoid getting cold. You must pay 5 dollars on the day of the activity. Don't let anything stop you from jumping in!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 10% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|Isla Contoy & Isla Mujeres Tour||
Isla Contoy & Isla Mujeres Tour
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 109
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
Guided tour to Isla Contoy.
Breakfast and lunch.
Port fees & Entry to the Isla Contoy National Park (250 mexican pesos, approx. 12 euros per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.