What were the Mayans doing when they build the pyramids of Chichén Itza? What were their prophecies? Decrypt these enigmas, and more, visiting the archaeological site, and with a visit to a sacred cenote.
Chichén Itzá and Sacred Cenote Day Trip
Having picked you up from your chosen meeting point we'll hit the road to the most famous archaeological site in Mexico.
Having arrived at Chichén Itzá we'll visit the most important and renowned remains of the Mayan civilisation, revealing its incredible secrets through a guided visit of the archaeological site.
We'll reveal the secrets of the Kukulkán pyramid, named one of the seven wonders of the modern world in 2007, and which remains part in darkness part illuminated during the solstices, testament to the deep astrological knowledge of the pre-colonial civilisations.
Continuing our tour we'll visit the Chichén Itzá temples, one of the most spectacular of which being the temple of the warriors, decorated with images of war and guarded by a forest of columns, custodians of Chac Mool, god of the rain.
Then we'll head to one of the sacred Mayan cenotes, where you can swim, or simply enjoy the leafy landscape. Archaeologists have even found numerous human remains here, due to the sacrifices which once took place in the area. And having finished the guided tour we'll fuel up with a buffet lunch (although due to timing the buffet may come before the cenote tour).
Afterwards, we'll move on to the colonial city of Valladolid. On arrival, we'll take a guided tour of the old town, including the church of San Servacio, the Municipal Palace and the Municipal Market. If we can't go to Valladolid due to the celebration of certain local festivities, we'll take you to the nearby town of Pisté.
With the tour over, we'll head back to the meeting points in Cancún, arriving at around 7 pm.
Guided Tour of Valladolid
This excursion includes a guided tour of the colonial village of Valladolid, discovering all the most important monuments in the old town such as the church of San Servacio, the Municipal Palace and the Municipal Market.
Please note: bus access to Valladolid is occasionally blocked due to local festival celebrations. If this is the case on the day of your tour, you'll visit the nearby town of Pisté instead.
The trip includes pick up from the following meeting points at the indicated times:
- 6 am: Bus stop at the Villas del Rey Go Mart supermarket (in front of the Crown Paradise Club Cancun Hotel).
- 6:15 am: Bus stop at the Beach Palace ® All Inclusive Resort Hotel.
- 6:40 am: Bus stop at the Presidente Intercontinental.
- 6:50 am: Bus stop at the hotel Holiday Inn Las Perlas.
- 7:10 am: bus stop at the Crazy Hot Coyote restaurant-club.
- On the day of the tour, foreign tourists must pay a separate fee of 417 MXN (US$ 20) per person to access the archaeological site.
- Chichén Itzá VIP: includes pick up directly from your hotel (any hotel), an umbrella and a drink.
- Chichén Itzá Deluxe: includes all of the above plus the Cultur tax prepaid.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Adults from other countriesUS$ 49.80
Adults from MexicoUS$ 47.20
Children from Mexico (3-11 years old)US$ 42.40
Children from other countriesUS$ 44.80
Children under 3Free
Tour + Chichén Itzá VIP
Adults from other countriesUS$ 62.10
Adults from MexicoUS$ 60.20
Children from Mexico (3-11 years old)US$ 55.90
Children from other countriesUS$ 54.20
Children under 3Free
Tour + Chichén Itzá Deluxe
Adults from other countriesUS$ 92.40
Adults from MexicoUS$ 90.30
Children from Mexico (3-11 years old)US$ 83.10
Children from other countriesUS$ 83.10
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off.
Transport by bus.
Official multilingual guide.
Entry to the archaeological site.
Entry to the sacred cenote.
guided tour of Valladolid.
Fee for non Mexican citizens: 453 MXN (US$ 21.70) or 157 MXN (US$ 7.50) for Mexican citizens.
Life jacket (approx US$ 5).
Fee for the use of mobile devices in Chichén Itzá: 45 MXN (US$ 2.20).
Drinks during lunch.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Do you have to pay to use mobile devices at Chichén Itzá?
A - You must pay to visit with professional cameras such as Go Pros and reflex cameras. The price is 45 MXN (2.40 USD approx.) and must be paid at the archaeological site on the day.
Q - How can I pay the Chichen Itza non-Mexican citizen fee?
A - By card on the day of the tour, or via PayPal by email beforehand.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.