Go snorkelling with whale sharks and visit the beautiful Isla Mujeres! An unforgettable experience in the Mexican Caribbean!
Swimming with Whale Sharks + Isla Mujeres Tour
After picking you up from your hotel in Cancun, we'll travel to the Riviera Maya coast, where you'll be offered a breakfast of coffee, fruit juice, pastries and fresh fruit. Then, we'll board our boat and set sail on the Caribbean waters.
On the boat trip, the guide will explain the habits and characteristics of the whale sharks, and then we'll hand out the snorkelling equipment and you can dive into the water and get up close to these fish. Did you know that this is the largest fish species known to man? You'll have free time to play in the sea and swim alongside these incredible animals.
Back on the boat, we'll replenish our energy with sandwiches and drinks, and then we'll continue sailing towards a beautiful coral reef where you'll be able to go snorkelling once again. Once you've finished snorkelling, we'll board the boat again and sail towards Isla Mujeres.
We'll anchor down at Playa Norte, the best beach on Isla Mujeres. Get ready to discover a Caribbean paradise of white sand and crystal-clear waters! Here, you'll also enjoy a delicious lunch including sandwiches, guacamole and fruit. Vegetarian options are available if previously requested. After lunch, we'll head back to the mainland and drop you back at your hotel in Cancun at around 3:30 pm.
- Children under 5 years old cannot participate in this activity, and under 18s must always be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- The use of lifejackets is compulsory (included in the price of the activity). You can choose to do the activity without a lifejacket if you wear a neoprene wetsuit (not included in the price).
- The sun cream and insect repellant used on this trip must be biodegradable, so as to not harm marine life.
- If you prefer, this trip is also available directly from the Riviera Maya.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 16 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||Children under 5|
Per personUS$ 139.30
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Professional PADI qualified English speaking guide.
Whale shark snorkelling experience.
Coral reef snorkelling experience.
Water and soft drinks throughout the day and beer after snorkelling.
Jetty and marine park tax (approx. 15 USD per person).
Neoprene wetsuit (optional, approx. 20 USD per person).
Optional photos (approx. 35 USD per person).
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (11:59 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.