Explore an ancient Mayan city on the shores of the Caribbean Sea and snorkel in a sacred cenote. Can you think of a better day trip from Cancun?
Tulum Ruins & Cenote Snorkelling Tour
After picking you up from your hotel first thing in the morning, we'll make our way to an archaeological site with one of the best-conserved examples of Mayan architecture: Tulum. Here, you'll be able to enjoy a 45-minute guided tour of the ruins, and you'll also have some free time to explore at your leisure.
Next, with the backdrop of the Mayan ruins behind us, we'll go snorkelling in the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean Sea.
We'll then continue our trip, heading to Cenote Caracol. A cenote is a natural pit with an underground water system that is especially associated to this area of Mexico. Did you know what the Mayas thought that these cenotes were sacred? You'll be able to jump in and snorkel once again, discovering the secrets that lie below the waters.
After this adventure, you'll be able to enjoy a delicious Mexican lunch: sopa de lima soup to start, followed by pibil-style chicken with rice and beans, all served with homemade tortillas and café de olla, a spiced coffee drink.
At the end of the day, we'll make our way back to your hotel at around 4 pm.
Hotel Pick Up
This tour includes hotel collection between 6 and 9:20 am from these hotels in Cancun.
The link above also provides information about what time the tour guide will pick you up from each hotel. Please note that when you make your booking you must state which hotel you are staying in so that the tour guide knows where to pick you up from. Said hotel must be included on the list.
If you prefer, this tour is also available from Riviera Maya.
From 1st December 2019 to 30th March 2020 you can rent a wetsuit for the cold. It costs 5 US dollars and you'll have to pay it on the day of the activity.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 4 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 60% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 109
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Guided tour of the archaeological site of Tulum.
Entrance to the archaeological site of Tulum .Professional snorkel instructor.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Lunch and a drink.
Fees for the conservation of marine fauna (250 MXN; 13 USD approx.).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).