Discover the funerary monuments of the Chachapoyas civilization on this day trip to the Revash and Leymebamba mausoleums and marvel at mummies in the Mallqui Museum!
Revash & Leymebamba Mausoleums Tour
After picking you up from your hotel at 7:50 am, we'll leave Chachapoyas behind and head south to the town of Santo Tomás. From here we'll set off on a 45-minute walk along the winding path that will take us to the Revash archaeological complex.
The Revash mausoleums, known as chullpas by the locals, are collective tombs carved into a rocky wall over a ravine. They are carved into the form of ancient village houses of the Chachapoyas civilization.
Our next stop will be Leymebamba to visit the Mallqui Museum. Before entering the museum, we'll stop at a local restaurant to recharge our batteries with a delicious traditional lunch.
At the museum, we'll marvel at over 200 mummies. We'll also see an ethnographic collection to find out all about the communities that currently inhabit the ancient territories of the Chachapoyas. Then we'll admire the museum's gardens and its beautiful orchids.
At the end of the tour, we'll take you back to your hotels in Chachapoyas for around 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 16 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 16 years oldUS$ 50.50
Children under 6 years oldFree
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Guided tour of the Revash mausoleums.
Entry fee and guided tour of Mallqui Museum in Leymebamba.
Traditional Peruvian lunch (typical soup, main course and 1 drink).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.