Step into the heart of the Bay of Cadiz to discover the secrets of El Puerto de Santa María with this Culture & History Tour. Explore the old shipping town, now renowned for its wine tradition.
Culture & History Tour
We'll meet at the Aranibar Palace, in the heart of El Puerto de Santa Maria, and begin our one hour tour of this city famous for its relationship with trade with the New World.
Our first stop will be the San Marcos Castle, a beautiful fortress that, together with the Virgin de los Milagros, forms the city's coat of arms. We'll admire the mixture of styles of this impressive 12th century castle that was built on the base of an ancient Arab mosque.
As we walk along the banks of the Guadalate River, we'll discover some essential locations that contributed to the commercial relationship between Spain and the New World, such as the old customs house and the old fish market.
After visiting the most important spots around El Puerto de Santa María, we'll go to a traditional winery to learn about the process of making fine wine. The tour will end tasting one of the city's most famous wines.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 14 years old|
Children under 14 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Expert guide in art and history.
Wine tasting in a local bodega.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (El Puerto de Santa María local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Palacio de Aranibar.