Discover the charm of the Costa de la Luz with this Tarifa, Zahara & Baelo Claudia Day Trip from El Puerto de Santa María. You'll visit an ancient Roman archaeological site full of history.
Tarifa, Zahara & Baelo Claudia Day Trip
Once we've picked you up at 9:15 am we'll depart El Puerto de Santa María to make our way along the Cádiz coastline and discover its villages.
First, we'll visit the ruins at the Baelo Claudia archaeological site, next to Bolonia beach, where we'll see the remains of the theatre, the forum and the temples. We'll also find out about the importance of garum production, the Romans' favourite sauce, in this settlement.
Our next stop will be the southernmost city in Western Europe, Tarifa. As we walk through the city we'll see monuments including the Puerta de Jerez, the church of San Francisco and the Guzmán el Bueno Castle. Afterwards, you'll have an hour of free time to take in the views of the Strait of Gibraltar as you have lunch. You'll want to try out the traditional tuna based dishes.
The tour will continue to Zahara de Los Atunes, known for its tuna fishing and where you'll find some of the best beaches in Cádiz. You'll have an hour of free time to enjoy the 8 kilometres of fine sand beach.
The tour will end at the starting point in El Puerto de Santa María, arriving at 8:15 pm.
The excursion includes pick up, at the indicated hours, from the following points in El Puerto de Santa María:
- 9:15 am: bus stop located in the plaza of the Renfe train station
- 9:20 am: main entrance of the Hotel Puertobahía
Departure from other locations
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 39.60
Children under 3 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Baelo Claudia archaeological site.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).