Discover the Sacromonte Abbey; the birthplace of Christianity in Granada. Find out about the history, art, sculptures and architecture of the abbey. Explore the different halls, including the symbolic Holy Caves.
Sacromonte Abbey Guided Tour
At the chosen time we'll meet outside the abbey (known in Spanish as the Abadía del Sacromonte) and we'll then embark on an hour-long guided tour around this impressive monument.
Often overlooked by tourists, this Sacromonte Abbey is one of the most important religious buildings in Granada. In fact, the relics of martyr Saint Caecilius of Elvira were found here.
We'll also visit the Sacred Caves; the most important part of the abbey. Your guide will explain why they are so significant as you feel the spiritually and tranquillity of the caves.
After discovering the secrets and beauty of the abbey, our guided tour will come to an end.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Guided tour in English||
Guided tour in English
Per personUS$ 6
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Sacromonte Abbey.
Access to the temporary and permanent exhibitions.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, some of the areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Sacromonte Abbey entrance