The rugged white peaks in Granada have captivated travellers for centuries. Admire the impressive landscapes with this Sierra Nevada Day Trip.
Sierra Nevada Day Trip
We'll depart from the Plaza Mariana Pineda in Granada towards the Sierra Nevada, one of the most beautiful mountain areas in the Cordilleras Béticas.
The tour will take us on a guided hike around Sierra Nevada to explore this group of mountains that extends across Granada and Almeria. We'll see some of the mountain range's most outstanding heights, such as the Mulhacén and Veleta peaks. We'll also admire the snow that falls on the mountain tops at almost 2,500 meters of altitude, even in summer!
Our walking tour will allow us to get to know details about the fauna and flora of this exceptional spot, declared a Biosphere Reserve due to its high environmental value. These landscapes have also been used for various series, films and adverts that have not wanted to miss the area's beauty, full of myths and legends.
We'll finish the walk in the vicinity of the Sierra Nevada Ski Resort, where you'll have a few minutes of free time to relax and enjoy the view of the surrounding alpine panorama. Then we'll make our way back to the centre of Granada.
- A good level of fitness is required to take part in this tour, as there will be a moderate hike.
- It isn't recommended for children under 10 years old to participate on this tour.
- If you prefer you can participate in the same activity but departing from Malaga.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
Children under 12 years oldUS$ 50.90
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Transport in a climatised vehicle.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (8:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Plaza de Mariana Pineda.