It wouldn't be a trip to Havana without visiting the Cuban capital's most iconic bars and sipping their traditional cocktails: make the most of your time on the Island of Rum with this tour!
Havana Cocktail Tour
Having been picked up from the luxury Hotel Inglaterra in the heart of Havana, you'll make your way to the first bar on your route: Sloppy Joe's, located close to the National Fine Art Museum and the Central Park.
You'll feel as though you've travelled back to Havana's heyday as you enter this emblematic bar, which reopened after 48 years of closure perfectly restored to its historic glory. Sloppy Joe's gained popularity during the Prohibition era in the United States, when American tourists would come here for the alcohol, gambling and nightlife that had been outlawed at home. Pull up at a stool at the mahogany wood bar just like Ernest Hemingway, Spencer Tracy and Cantinflas once did and enjoy a delicious Cuban cocktail while you admire the traditional decor and glass cabinets filled with liquors from all of the world.
After this excellent introduction to Havana's cocktail culture, you'll head to the next stop on your guided tour: El Floridita. This bar and restaurant, which has been serving customers since 1817, was another of Hemingway's favourite haunts, so it's only right that you sample his usual tipple here: the daiquiri. He would spend long hours here drinking the rum-based cocktail while he wrote the draft for "For Whom The Bell Tolls".
Continuing your cocktail tour of the Cuban capital, you'll visit your final bar: La Bodeguita del Medio. This typical Havana bar is as famous for its mojitos as it is for the autographs of celebrities scribbled over its walls, the most famous of which is attributed to - you guessed it - Hemingway! Just as he wrote, you'll also get to say you've had "my mojito in La Bodeguita and my daiquiri in El Floridita".
At the end of your tour, you'll return to the Hotel Inglaterra.
In high season, it is common to have to wait in line to visit famous bars like El Floridita and La Bodeguita del Medio.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 44.70
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 5 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.