Explore the spectacular natural landscapes of Isabela Island: hike through the wetlands and discover lava formations, plants and wildlife on this tour.
Having picked you up from your hotel on Isabela Island, we'll set off towards Los Humedales, or the Wetlands, an area of volcanic landscapes, plants and wildlife that will leave you speechless.
Our tour will take us to see the main places of interest in the Wetlands, exploring the 6 kilometres of winding trails that stretch across the complex. We'll begin at Cerro Orchilla, from which we'll enjoy spectacular views of the Bay of Isabela, Puerto Villamil and the Sierra Negra and Cerro Azul Volcanoes.
We'll walk along the Poza Escondida, a stony trail where we'll get to see a mangrove pond, and reach Poza Redonda, a path that leads to a natural pool formed by seawater and underground freshwater rivers.
Continuing on our tour, we'll next visit the Estero Tunnel and Playa del Amor, where you'll be enchanted by the pristine landscapes of this beautiful beach.
Finally, we'll head to La Playita, where we'll hear all about the history of Isla Isabela as we explore the old constructions found on the beach.
The tour will come to an end at the pier.
You must stay on Isla Isabela the night before this day trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 94.90
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up.
English speaking guide.
Hotel drop off.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.