Visit the best-preserved Arab baths in Europe with this Arab Baths and Villardompardo Palace Tour. Discover the washing ritual used during the Andalusian period.
Arab Baths and Villardompardo Palace Tour
We'll meet at the Arab Baths Cultural Centre to begin a tour of the Villardompardo Palace, a 16th century Renaissance building under which the Baths are located.
The guided tour will begin at the Palace, the residence of the First Count of Villardompardo and Viceroy of Peru, Fernando de Torres and Portugal. Built in the 16th century in an unbeatable location in the heart of the historic centre of Jaen, it has passed through different owners and functions.
We'll also visit the two museums that are currently inside it, first the Museum of Popular Arts and Customs, a reflection of the crafts that have been lost throughout the city's history. Then we'll visit the Naïf Art Museum, unique in Spain.
We'll continue into the largest Arab Baths in Europe, with an area of 450 square meters. Dated in 1002, they are a sample of the operation and washing ritual carried out by the Muslim population. During the tour, we'll see the four rooms of these traditional Arab baths.
After approximately an hour and a half, we'll end our guided tour on the Terrace-Viewpoint, with fantastic views of the city.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 3.60
Children under 5 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Visit to the Arab Baths.
Visit to the Museum of Popular Arts and Customs.
Visit to the Museum of Naïf Art.
Terrace entrance and viewpoint.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Centro Cultural Baños Árabes. Plaza Sta. Luisa de Marillac, s/n.