If you have just arrived in Liverpool, there is no better way to get to know it than with a free tour of the city that saw the birth of the Beatles.
Free Walking Tour of Liverpool
The free tour of Liverpool begins at 10.30 am in Steble Fountain. Once we're all present, we'll start our tour and emerge ourselves in the history of the city, and learn about how it came to be one of England's most important cities. We'll meander down Matthew Street, one of the music world's most emblematic streets.
Liverpool was catapulted to fame as the city which gave birth to the most famous quartet ever: and during our free tour of the city, we'll pass through the streets and taverns where the Beatles played their first hits, such as the mythical Cavern Club.
We'll continue exploring the city, arriving at the castle, where we'll be able to admire its forts. After this, we'll head onto Pier Head, to see other important maritime buildings such as The Three Graces; Royal Liver Building, Cunard Building y Port Of Liverpool Building, as well as St. Nicholas church, and of course, the most photographed statue in the world, you guessed it! The Beatles Monument.
We'll also discover the vital role Liverpool played in the history of the Titanic. Did you know that Liverpool was home to the main port of the largest empire in history? You find out all about it by visiting this quay, the port of excellence of the British Empire.
The free tour of Liverpool then finishes near Albert Dock at 1 pm.
This free tour of Liverpool does not accept bookings of over 6 people. If you're a larger group, you should book the Private Tour of Liverpool.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 minutes before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Wheelchair accessible. This must be indicated in the reservation. Accessible toilets.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- No single-use plastics are used.
- The show represents local culture.
- The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
- The activity promotes local production.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Has a gender equality policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.