Discover the breathtaking beauty of the Swiss Alps: explore the picturesque towns of Grindelwald and Interlaken and enjoy magnificent views of the Bernese Oberland.
Grindelwald & Interlaken Day Trip Itinerary
Having met your guide at 9 am in the centre of Lucerne, you'll climb aboard your tour bus and set off towards Interlaken, an Alpine village located between two lakes and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Jungfrau region. After a brief stop to introduce you to the picturesque town, you'll continue onwards to Grindelwald.
Also known as Glacier Village, Grindelwald is a lively mountain town located at 3,392 feet (1,034 metres) above sea level, allowing for magnificent views over the surrounding scenery. On arrival, your guide will leave you to make the most of your free time enjoying the many activities on offer here. Take in the captivating views over the Eiger glacier and the Mönch and Jungfrau mountains, catch a panoramic cable car up to the stunning observation deck of Mount First, or explore the region on a trottibike tour (summer only).
After visiting Grindelwald, catch the train to Interlaken, where you'll have more free time to explore the pretty Alpine town to your heart's content. Whether you take advantage of this shopping haven to purchase typical local products, or delve back into the mountain scenery with a cable car ride up to the peak of Harder Klum, you're sure to be captivated by the Swiss town.
At the end of an unforgettable day of sightseeing, you'll meet back up with your guide to take the bus back to Lucerne, where you'll be dropped off around 7 pm.
Your guide will accompany you throughout the journey from Lucerne to Grindelwald via Interlaken and then back from Interlaken to Lucerne. For the train journey between Grindelwald and Interlaken and your free time in Grindelwald, you'll be unescorted, but you'll be given the tickets and written information on train times so all you need to do is climb aboard at the agreed time and enjoy the views!
The First and Harder Kulm viewpoints are closed in the winter months. First can only be visited from May to October, and Harder Kulm, from late April to early November, but these dates are approximate and depend on the weather situation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 15 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 15 years oldUS$ 45.60
Children under 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, spanish and other language.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Transport between Lucerne and Interlaken.
Ticket for train between Grindelwald and Interlaken.
Food and drinks.
Entrance to attractions in Grindelwald and Interlaken.
When to book?
You can book up until 11 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.