Experience the famous Golden Round Trip to Mount Pilatus: ride the steepest cogwheel train in the world, fly over the peaks on a panoramic cable car and enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Lucerne. Unmissable!
Mount Pilatus Golden Round Trip Itinerary
After meeting in the heart of Lucerne at 12:30 pm, you'll set off through the beautiful Swiss countryside in the direction of Kriens, where you'll begin your "golden round trip" on the iconic panoramic gondolas to Fräkmüntegg. Throughout the half an hour cable car ride, you'll enjoy unparalleled views over the stunning forests of Krienseregg and the surrounding valleys and mountains.
Arriving in Fräkmüntegg, you'll then embark on the Dragon Ride, an aerial cableway which will have you feeling like you're flying over the Swiss Alps. An unforgettable experience!
Once you've reached the peak of Mount Pilatus, you'll have the opportunity to explore the Dragon's Trail and discover the mysterious legend that gave it this name, or to walk up to the mountain's summit. Visit the observation terrace for captivating views of the magnificent mountains and lakes surrounding you and treat yourself to mouth-watering Alpine cuisine in one of the restaurants (not included).
Having made the most of your time at Mount Pilatus, you'll begin your descent to Alpnachstad on board the world's steepest cogwheel train. You'll then continue your adventure with an hour-long boat cruise on the Lake of the Four Cantons, enjoying the views of the Swiss Alpine landscapes from a new perspective. Your tour will come to an end back in Lucerne at 6 pm.
- If you reserve this excursion between 21 October and 8 November, you'll ascend to and descend from the peak of Mount Pilatus via the cogwheel train. During this period, the activity does not include the boat trip, but lunch vouchers of CHF 20 for adults and CHF 10 for children are included.
- If you do the day trip between 9 and 17 November, you'll reach the peak of Mount Pilatus by cable car and descend on the cogwheel train. Again, this won't include the boat ride and you'll enjoy lunch instead.
During 2020, the activities included in this excursion are only operational on the following dates:
- Dragon Ride Cable Car: all year round, except between 19 October and 6 November 2020 (maintenance work).
- Cogwheel train: from the beginning of May until 15 November.
- Boat trip: from 2 May to 18 October.
- Food Ticket (20 Swiss francs per adult and 10 per child): between 19 October 2020 and the beginning of May 2021.
- Guide in English, Spanish and German: between 2 May and 15 November.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 15 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 15 years oldUS$ 67.30
Children under 6 years oldFree
5 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus.
Dragon Ride cable car.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Lucerne local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).