Experience the famous Golden Round Trip to Mount Pilatus: ride the steepest cogwheel train in the world, fly over the peaks on a panoramic cable car and enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Lucerne. Unmissable!
Mount Pilatus Golden Round Trip Itinerary
After meeting in the heart of Lucerne at 12:30 pm, you'll set off through the beautiful Swiss countryside in the direction of Kriens, where you'll begin your "golden round trip" on the iconic panoramic gondolas to Fräkmüntegg. Throughout the half an hour cable car ride, you'll enjoy unparalleled views over the stunning forests of Krienseregg and the surrounding valleys and mountains.
Arriving in Fräkmüntegg, you'll then embark on the Dragon Ride, an aerial cableway which will have you feeling like you're flying over the Swiss Alps. An unforgettable experience!
Once you've reached the peak of Mount Pilatus, you'll have the opportunity to explore the Dragon's Trail and discover the mysterious legend that gave it this name, or to walk up to the mountain's summit. Visit the observation terrace for captivating views of the magnificent mountains and lakes surrounding you and treat yourself to mouth-watering Alpine cuisine in one of the restaurants (not included).
Having made the most of your time at Mount Pilatus, you'll begin your descent to Alpnachstad on board the world's steepest cogwheel train. You'll then continue your adventure with an hour-long boat cruise on the Lake of the Four Cantons, enjoying the views of the Swiss Alpine landscapes from a new perspective. Your tour will come to an end back in Lucerne at 6 pm.
- If you reserve this excursion between 25 October and 12 November, you'll ascend to and descend from the peak of Mount Pilatus via the cogwheel train. During this period, the activity does not include the boat trip, but lunch vouchers of CHF 20 for adults and CHF 10 for children are included.
- If you do the day trip between 13 and 21 November, you'll reach the peak of Mount Pilatus by cable car and descend on the cogwheel train. Again, this won't include the boat ride and you'll enjoy lunch instead.
During 2021, the activities included in this excursion are only operational on the following dates:
- Dragon Ride Cable Car: throughout the year, except between October 25th and November 12th, 2021 (maintenance period).
- Cogwheel train: between the beginning of May and November 21st, 2021.
- Boat trip: between May 1st and October 17th, 2021.
- Food Ticket (20 Fr (US$ 22) per adult and 10 Fr (US$ 11) per child): between October 18th and November 21st, 2021.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 15 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 15 years oldUS$ 69.80
Children under 6 years oldFree
5 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and german.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus.
Dragon Ride cable car.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.