Enjoy this fantastic guided tour of Malaga, and learn about its fascinating heritage as you visit the Moorish Alcazaba and the Roman Theatre, originally built in the 1st century BC. Plus, you get to skip the lines!
At 10:30 am, you'll begin your guided walking tour of Malaga city centre, leaving from Plaza de la Marina.
Wandering up Calle Alcazabilla, you'll discover the city's Roman legacy as you visit the ancient theatre. Jump forwards in time to the Al-Andalus period, learning about city's Arabic history on a guided tour of the beautiful Alcazaba. This 'mini Alhambra' has been the site of countless conspiracies and plots. Inside, you'll hear more about its incredible history and the legends that surround it.
Your tour will continue to Plaza de la Merced, where you'll find the monument to General Torrijos, who was executed in Malaga alongside his liberal companions in 1831. In the very same plaza, you'll learn all about the life and work of the world's most famous painter from Malaga, as you reach the Birthplace Museum of Pablo Ruiz Picasso.
One unmissable stop if you're in Malaga is the Calle Larios shopping street, leading to Plaza de la Constitución. Hear about the mysterious histories of the buildings that line the square, including the creepy former prison. You'll then head onwards to the Malaga Cathedral where you'll find out how it got the name 'La Manquita', or the 'One-Armed Lady'.
The tour will end around 2pm.
This tour is a walking tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 10 and 14 years old||Children under 10 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 10 and 14 years oldUS$ 17.60
Children under 10 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Cathedral.
Entrance to the Alcazaba.
Entrance to the Teatro Romano.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (9:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to take this tour with a pushchair/stroller?
A - Yes, but take into account there are slight inclines in the Alcazaba area. But the rest of the tour should offer no obstacles.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Plaza de la Marina, next to the tourist information point