Relive the splendor of the Nazari past on this magical experience in the ancient medina of Malaga. Experience the ancient traditions of the Arab baths and enjoy a comforting massage while the exotic aromas fill your senses.
The Moorish architecture, scented air, Andalusian music, and the intimate low light of the Hamman, intertwine to create the perfect setting for a session which will revitalize your body and relax your mind.
What does it involve?
The experience consists of a soothing Arab bath which lasts for an hour and a half. There are three different rooms to switch between, each with a different water temperature. We advise you to start in the warm room (36ºC / 96ºF) so your body temperature can gently adapt. Once you are relaxed and with your skin prepared, you can change to the hot room (40ºC / 104ºF). Let the aromatic vapors clean your skin and calm your whole body. Then relax in the cold room (18ºC / 65ºF) as your body readjusts to its normal temperature. Complete your experience by taking a green mint tea in the relaxation room.
There are several different options available:
- Bath and relaxing massage: Hammam and a massage performed with relaxing essential oils which will leave your skin smooth and fragrant. It produces an overall pleasant sense of wellbeing. You can choose between 15 or 30 minutes.
- Bath, skin cleansing and relaxing massage: Hammam and 15-minute treatment performed on the traditional hot stone of the Hammam using a cotton fiber glove (a ‘Kessa’) and a completely natural soap paste of red grapes. The creamy foam rubs against the skin so that it reaps all the benefits. As the icing on the cake, the experience finishes with a 15-minute massage.
- The bathrooms are mixed, except for the changing rooms.
- The chosen time slot may vary depending on the availability. If that is the case, we will contact you to offer an alternative.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Mimma15: Bath and 15-minute massage||
|Mimma30: Bath and 30-minute massage||
|Midra30: Bath and skin cleansing and 15-minute massage||
Mimma15: Bath and 15-minute massage
Per personUS$ 56.40
Mimma30: Bath and 30-minute massage
Per personUS$ 74.50
Midra30: Bath and skin cleansing and 15-minute massage
Per personUS$ 83.60
1 hour 30 minutes.
Use of the Hammam for one hour and a half.
Mint tea and unlimited water.
Shampoo, gel, hair dryer, and storage locker for personal objects.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Málaga local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
5 Plaza de los Mártires square, Malaga 29008.