Discover the works of one the 20th century's greatest painters in the city of his birth on this guided tour of the Picasso Museum in Malaga. Includes entry to the famous gallery!
Picasso Museum Guided Tour
“When I was a child my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. If you become a monk, you'll be the pope.' Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.” The life and work of Pablo Ruiz Picasso, Malaga's most famous artist, is a whirlwind of emotion and sensations. To try and understand it all, join this tour in the heart of his city of birth.
After meeting up outside Andalusia's most visited art gallery, you'll enjoy a guided tour of the Museo Picasso. The permanent exhibition is housed in the magnificent Palacio de Buenavista, a beautiful 16th century building located right in Malaga's historical centre.
Your tour through the various rooms of the museum will allow you to admire some of Picasso's greatest works. 'Woman with Raised Arms', 'Jacqueline Sitting', 'The Three Graces' and 'Still Life with Cock and Knife' are among many that stand out. As you appreciate the details of his paintings, you'll learn about different sides of his life and works, including his transition from Cubism to Surrealism, and the various phases of his art, all equally relevant in his career.
Having finished your guided tour, you'll have some free time to explore the rooms you enjoyed the most at your own pace.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 10 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children under 10 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge on Picasso's work.
Entrance to the Picasso Museum in Malaga.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (3:30 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (most areas are accessible).
Palacio de Buenavista, Calle San Agustín 8.