Enjoy a day immersed in the Wine region around Etna, the stunning volcanic area of Sicily. You'll admire the tallest volcano in Europe, explore the picturesque town of Taormina and try wine at a local winery. Delight your tastebuds!
Taormina Day Trip + Winery Tour
The tour will depart from the Messina port, hitting the road on the way to Taormina, a historic town located about an hour's drive away on the east coast of Sicily.
Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, we'll embark on a guided tour of Taormina, hearing all about its fascinating history while admiring its ancient churches and monuments. We'll enjoy a stroll down the town's main street, Corso Umberto and through the Piazza IX Aprile as well as much more.
After exploring historic Taormina, we'll make our way to Etna, a stunning volcanic area in eastern Sicily. Reaching the slopes of Europe's largest active volcano, at 3,300 metres tall, we'll discover how the climate and soil here are perfect for cultivating vines to create the region's star product: wine! And what better way to learn than by visiting a local winery?
We'll have the opportunity to tour the different rooms of the winery and learn first hand about the production of the local wines, before enjoying a wine tasting of red, white, and rosé wines. All this accompanied with delicious local delicacies - salami, olives, local cheeses and Sicilian style pasta.
At the end of an unforgettable day of sightseeing, we'll return to Messina.
This excursion is available for cruise passengers. When making your reservation, you will be asked to indicate the name of your boat. We'll be waiting for you in the disembarkation area half an hour after the cruise ship's scheduled docking time.
Between the 17th of November and the 31st of March, the tour will only take place if there is a minimum of 8 participants. If this is not the case, we will offer you different alternatives.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory.
- Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Should land, air, or water transport of any kind be used they will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 65% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
Children from 6 to 12US$ 65.40
Children under 6Free
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Visit to a winery.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:30 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).
Via I Settembre.