On this trip to Mineral del Chico from Mexico City you'll get the chance to discover a charming mining village surrounded by lush forests.
Mineral del Chico Day Trip
At 7:45 am we'll meet in the centre of Mexico City to board a minibus and set off on a two-hour journey to the town of Mineral del Chico. On the way, we'll pass through the Chico National Park, one of the oldest in Mexico. From the minibus we'll be able to admire the incredible variety of trees from all parts of America and Europe that make up this magnificent park.
Once we reach our destination, we'll go on a guided tour of this charming mining town. As we walk through the streets, we'll admire beautiful monuments such as the neoclassical Iglesia de la Purísima Concepción church.
On the way to visit one of the mines that give the village its name, we'll see the Casa de las Brujas and the Montaña de las Monjas, meaning the House of the Witches and the Mountain of the Nuns. Come on the tour to find out where they get their peculiar names from!
When we arrive at the mine, we'll venture over a kilometre inside the mountain and find out all about the day-to-day life of the miners that work there.
After visiting the mine, we'll head back to the village to visit its famous gastronomic market and enjoy a well-deserved lunch. You'll be spoilt for choice with the mouth-watering variety of products sold in the area, though we recommend trying the huge 30-centimetre quesadillas.
At the end of the trip, we'll get back on the minibus and return to Mexico City, arriving by around 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5|
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 77.40
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entry fees to places visited.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
On the corner of Avenida Chapultepec and Florencia