The lakes of Covadonga, the Holy Cave, the Sanctuary, Cangas de Onis... Enjoy this and much more with this excursion from Oviedo. It'll be an unforgettable day!
Covadonga Day Trip
At 8:30 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Oviedo and head east to visit one of the most special corners of Asturias: Covadonga.
First, we'll go to the Ercina Lake, located in the heart of the Picos de Europa National Park. We'll admire the beautiful views that this natural environment offers from the Entrelagos viewpoint, a perfect place to see the famous lakes of Covadonga and the alpine landscapes that surround them.
From here we'll move to the Holy Cave of Covadonga, where we can find the image of La Santina, as well as the remains of Don Pelayo, the first king of the Asturian monarchy. The area where this cave is located will take your breath away!
After learning about the history of the cave, the events that have taken place in it, and the importance of the Virgin of Covadonga for Asturians, we'll head onto the Basilica of Santa María la Real in Covadonga, one of the best examples of neo-Romanesque architecture in Spain.
Then, we'll visit Cangas de Onis, where you'll have an hour of free time to enjoy the delicious Asturian gastronomy in one of the local restaurants. Afterwards, we'll meet up again and, to finish off, we'll visit the Roman bridge and the Santa Cruz chapel.
We'll end the tour by arriving back inOviedo at around 5 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old||Children under 5|
Children under 12 years oldUS$ 39.10
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, this activity requires visitors to be in good physical shape.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.