Explore the heart of Santiago Island with this excursion to Assomada. You'll see typical villages and the oldest tree in Cape Verde!
Assomada Day Trip
We'll pick you up at 9 am from your hotel in Praia, and from there hit the road to the heart of the island of Santiago. First of all, we'll make a stop in São Domingos for a little breakfast: here that means some corn pancakes and a glass of punch.
Then we'll visit the São Domingos Eco Centre to discover more about the local animals and plants: a great place to get in touch with nature without leaving the centre of the city! Then we'll hit the road again, and pass through the towns of San Lorenzo de los Órganos and Picos.
Arriving at Assomada we'll make our way to the Cruz de Picos viewpoint, where you'll enjoy some spectacular views of the Valle de Fonte at your feet. And we'll pass through the Assomada central square, as well as visiting the Norberto Tavares Cultural Centre and the Municipal Market to get a feel for daily life in the town.
Then we'll enjoy a delicious traditional fish lunch in a local restaurant, before making a stop at the Poilao reservoir where you can see the oldest tree in Cape Verde! How old is it? That's a secret only to be revealed on the tour!
Finally, we'll accompany you back to your hotels, putting an end to the excursion around 5 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 11||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children from 6 to 11US$ 45.10
Children under 6Free
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by bus or minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the São Domingos Eco Centre.
Entry to the Norberto Tavares Cultural Centre.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).