Immerse yourself in Latin America's colonial past exploring its best-preserved city. Discover the beautiful historic buildings of Quito on this guided city tour.
Quito City Tour Itinerary
On the day of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel, ready to begin exploring the most emblematic sights around Quito. We'll board an original trolleybus, a replica of the trams used around the city until the 20th century, and head to the modern area of the city, before going to the historic centre named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Our first stop on the tour will be a building that stands out against the city's skyline: the Basilica of the National Vow. This magnificent Neo-Gothic-style church is reminiscent of Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral. Filled with its history, we'll head to the Panecillo Hill, and as well as seeing the Monument to the Virgin of El Panecillo up close, you'll enjoy spectacular panoramic views of Quito.
You'll then reach the Plaza de la Independencia, also known to locals as Plaza Grande, the city's main square and home to some of its most important buildings, including the green-domed Quito Cathedral, the Government Palace and the Archbishop's Palace. If you carry out this tour on a Monday, you'll have the chance to see the Changing of the Guard.
The nearby Compañía Church is another highlight of this area. Considered by many to be Ecuador's most beautiful place of worship, the building's interior is sumptuously decorated with ornate carvings and gold leaf.
Our tour of the romantic Ronda neighbourhood then continues, and here we can find a great selection of artisanal shops. Then, following four hours tour discovering Quito's cultural and architectural treasures, you'll be dropped back off at your hotel or the Galería Equador.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes a pick up and drop off service for the main hotels in Quito: Sheraton, Dann Carlton, NH Collection, Swissotel, Holiday Inn, Mercure Alameda, Reina Isabel, Nu House, J.W. Marriott, Howard Johnson and Hilton. If your accommodation is not listed here, the meeting point will be at the Holiday Inn.
If your hotel is not on this list, or you would prefer to meet the tour at the main meet point, you should make your way to the Galería Equador (on the corner of Reina Victoria N24 - 263 and Lizardo García).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 25% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
Children under 3 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by trolleybus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Panecillo viewpoint.
Entrance to churches.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (6:15 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).