Discover the birthplace of French champagne as you explore the vineyards around Épernay, Hautvillers and Mareuil-sur-Ay with this Champagne Villages Tour from Reims.
Champagne Villages Tour
We'll meet at 11:15 am in front of Rheims train station. From here we'll take a minibus to Épernay, one of the most outstanding champagne producing villages in France.
In this picturesque town, we'll wander along the Avenue de Champagne, where you can find important cellars belonging to famous brands such as Moët & Chandon, Pol Roger, Perrier Jouët or Boizel. We'll also see the Dom Pérignon statue, the monk who in the 17th century discovered a revolutionary method for making champagne.
The tour will continue to the vineyards on the outskirts of Épernay, where we'll reveal facts about the 'champagne terroirs'. Then we'll go to the beautiful village of Hautvillers to visit the church in which Dom Pérignon himself is buried.
The next stop will be in another nearby village, Mareuil-sur-Ay. Here we'll visit Le Clos Corbier, a traditional house in the region, to taste three French champagnes. The tasting will be topped with a traditional lunch that will include three different local dishes.
After lunch, we'll visit a family winery and taste different handcrafted champagnes. Finally, we'll return to Reims train station, arriving at 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 10 and 17 years old||Children under 10|
Children between 10 and 17 years oldUS$ 119.50
Children under 10not permitted
6 hours 45 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of 8 champagnes.
Traditional French lunch.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Reims train station