Discover the secrets of the sparkling wines around Reims with this Taittinger Winery Tour, one of the most prestigious brands of French champagne in the world.
Taittinger Winery Tour
We'll meet at 9 am at Rheims train station. From here we'll take a panoramic tour around the historic centre by minibus.
During this 1 hour tour, we'll admire the façade of the beautiful Notre-Dame cathedral. This temple of worship, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a French Gothic jewel. We'll see its exterior architecture and continue the route to the Porte de Mars, an ancient Roman triumphal arch dating from the 3rd century AD.
After the tour of Reims, we'll travel by minibus to the Taittinger facilities, one of the most prestigious brands of French champagne! We'll start the visit with an explanation of the company's long history. Then we'll go down to the famous Taittinger wineries, did you know that they have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site? There's no wonder because at a depth of 18 metres we'll see the remains of the medieval abbey of Saint-Nïcaise, as well as the stored bottles,
To end the visit, we'll have a glass of Taittinger champagne. The tour will continue to the outskirts of Reims to visit a local family's traditional cellar. Their vineyards are in an exceptional location, with the natural landscapes of the Montagne de Reims in the background.
The family will show us their winery and give us a taste of three different types of champagne made by them - a real treat for the palate! Finally, we'll take you back to Rheims train station, arriving at 1 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 10 and 17 years old||Children under 10|
Children between 10 and 17 years oldUS$ 71.40
Children under 10not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of 4 champagnes for those over 18 years old (1 in the Taittinger premises and 3 in the local family's cellar).
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Reims train station