Discover the wine tradition in northern France with this Épernay & Hautvillers Champagne Tour. Explore the birthplace of French champagne, and taste their sparkling wines!
Épernay & Hautvillers Champagne Tour
At 2 pm, we'll meet in front of Rheims train station to go by minibus to the vineyards on the outskirts of the city.
Our first stop will be at a family winery. Its members will show us the grape pressing room and explain how they produce their own home-made champagnes. To finish the visit, we'll taste different kinds of these signature sparkling wines - a real treat for the palate!
After saying goodbye to the family, we'll continue the tour in Épernay, an important location for French champagne. Here we'll walk along the Avenue de Champagne, a very long boulevard that houses the cellars of distinguished brands such as Moët & Chandon, Pol Roger, Perrier Jouët or Boizel. On this same avenue, we'll see the Dom Pérignon statue, the 17th century Benedictine monk who invented the method for making champagne.
We'll head to the outskirts of the village, to visit the champagne grounds. These are areas of land that provide optimal conditions for growing grapes for the production of sparkling wines. The next stop will take in the picturesque village of Hautvillers. We'll pass by the church of Saint-Sindulphe, where Dom Pérignon is buried.
Our next stop will be another family winery to enjoy a tasting of champagne and local products. Finally, we'll return to Rheims train station, arriving between 6:30 and 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 10 and 17 years old||Children under 10|
Children between 10 and 17 years oldUS$ 77.70
Children under 10not permitted
4 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Reims train station