Experience the beauty and nature of Rovaniemi in the most unforgettable way on this reindeer-pulled sleigh ride of snowy Lapland under the spectacular illuminations of the Northern Lights.
What to expect?
For many visitors to Lapland, a ride in a reindeer-pulled sleigh is one of the most memorable ways to experience the beautiful snow-capped forests around Rovaniemi. If it's good enough for Santa Claus, it's good enough for us!
To begin your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel in the Lappish capital, before being taken to a reindeer farm far away from the bright lights and noise of the city. There, you can play with the adorable Arctic animals as their handlers tell you all about how they live.
You'll then clamber aboard a sleigh pulled by reindeer and head out on a journey lasting around one hour. Ride through the expanse of snow-covered land, a wintery paradise where it seems like Christmas never ends. As well as enjoying the iconic Finnish scenery, keep a look out in the skies above you for the incredible natural light show known as the Aurora Borealis.
After marvelling in wonder at the magical illuminations twinkling amongst the stars, you'll stop to enjoy a snack typical of Finland and a hot drink to warm you up. Finally, you'll be taken back to Rovaniemi and dropped off at your hotel.
Please bear in mind that as a natural phenomenon, we cannot always guarantee that the Aurora Borealis will be visible on this tour.
Hotel pick up
The tour will begin between 7 pm and 8 pm. The local tour provider will contact you directly to confirm your exact pick up time. Hotel pick up is included from accommodation located within a 6 mile (10 km) radius of Rovaniemi city centre.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 14 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 4 and 14 years oldUS$ 173.40
Children under 4 years oldFree
4 hours - 5 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
1 hour reindeer pulled sleigh ride.
Snack and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (7:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Where will we change into our thermal clothing and leave our belongings?
A - In the offices of the local tour provider.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).