Dashing through the snowy forests of Finland on a sleigh ride while enjoying the spectacular Northern Lights illuminating the dark night sky is a unique experience that you will never forget.
Northern Lights Sleigh Ride
After being picked up from your hotel in Rovaniemi at around 7 pm, you'll head out of the city centre and deep into the snowy forests of Lapland. Here, you'll climb on board a sleigh pulled by a snowmobile and begin your magical evening in this winter wonderland.
As night falls over the Arctic Circle, the sky lights up and the Aurora Borealis becomes the star of the show. Throughout your sleigh ride, you'll enjoy the magnificent view that attracts so many people to Finland: the illuminations known as the northern lights. Watching the elusive natural light show makes for an unforgettable experience.
You'll finish your sleigh ride on the banks of a frozen lake, where you'll stop to warm up around a campfire and enjoy a barbecue of traditional Lappish food. As you relax in the cosy heat of the fire, listen in wonder to mysterious tales about the Aurora Borealis thanks to your English-speaking guide.
Having finished your meal, you'll be taken back to your hotel in Rovaniemi.
Please bear in mind that as it is a natural phenomenon, we cannot guarantee that the Aurora Borealis will be visible on this tour.
Hotel pick up
Hotel pick up is included from accommodation located within a 6 mile (10 km) radius of Rovaniemi city centre. The local tour provider will contact you directly to confirm your exact pick up time.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 14 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 4 and 14 years oldUS$ 66.60
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (7:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will guests be provided with any special clothing?
A - We'll give you boots and jumpsuits to protect against the cold.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).