Do you want to meet Santa's famous flying companions? With this activity, you'll get the chance to visit a reindeer farm and learn all about these magnificent creatures.
Reindeer Farm and Sleigh Ride
After picking you up from your hotel in Rovaniemi, we'll set off on a journey through the impressive forests of Lapland, the reindeer's homeland.
Once we have left the capital of Lapland behind, we'll arrive at a reindeer farm, where these spectacular creatures will be waiting for us. They spend their summer preparing for the winter season, and an expert will tell us all about their routines, what they feed on and lots of other fascinating facts.
We'll have the opportunity to stroke and feed the reindeers while learning all about the Sami people, who are native to Lapland.
Before ending the visit, we'll enjoy a snack typical of this part of Finland, accompanied by a hot beverage. Later, we'll make our way back to your hotels in Rovaniemi.
Travelling with children?
Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
The pick up included in the price of this activity is from hotels within a 10-kilometre radius from the centre of Rovaniemi.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 14 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|Reindeer farm visit||
Reindeer farm visit
Children between 4 and 14 years oldUS$ 64.30
Children under 4 years oldFree
2 hours - 3 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Visit to a reindeer farm.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).