Discover the flavours of San Andres and learn how to make its most traditional dishes at this cooking class in a paradisiacal setting!
Colombian Cooking Class + Lunch
We'll pick you up at the selected time and head to San Andres Beach, where you'll enjoy impressive views as you learn the secrets of the island's gastronomy. Before we begin the class, we'll enjoy a welcome cocktail.
We'll be taught how to make delicious traditional dishes by local chefs! Fish, green plantain, coconut milk and vegetables will be the ingredients of the first dish: rondón, one of the most popular dishes on the island!
Next we'll mix corn, potatoes and other local products to make a typical soup accompanied by some dumplings! We'll also make a traditional stew called bailop!
And now comes the best part of all - we'll sit down to try our dishes!
At the end of the activity we'll head back to the starting point.
- When you book, you can choose whether you want to do this cooking class on San Andres Beach or Laguna Big Pond.
- After you book, we'll contact you to arrange pick up. The pick up time will depend on which hotel you're staying in.
- This activity is subject to weather conditions. If the weather is bad, the class will be cancelled and we'll contact you to offer you an alternative date or a refund.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 30% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 40% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 46.25
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and Spanish.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Tasting of the dishes.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 7 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.