Napa and Sonoma are world-famous for their fine wine and beautiful scenery. Learn about the winemaking process on this tour from our expert guides as you travel north to California’s premier wine country.
Wine Tour to the Napa and Sonoma Valley
During this full day tour from San Francisco, you will visit renowned Napa Valley and Sonoma Wineries for tasting, to learn about winemaking techniques, and shop for wines and souvenirs in local shops. Taste the finest wines in the Napa Valley, have lunch and shop in Yountville or Sonoma Square Plaza, and enjoy the picturesque drive over the Golden Gate Bridge through the fantastic Napa Wine Country.
You'll enjoy a tasting at three different wineries, and as well as learning about the taste and scent of the local wines, you'll see how grapes are picked, crushed, blended and bottled; walk through beautiful vineyards with your tour guide before tasting the finished product.
You’ll also learn about the area’s history of winemaking, from the early Spanish missionaries who brought grapevines from Europe to the California gold rush when wine was served the saloons of the area.
We'll have lunch in the heart of wine country (either at Historical Sonoma Square or Vintage 1870), before, relaxed and full of the sights and tastes of the stunning California wine country, we head back to the San Francisco metropolis.
- To be able to taste the wines on this tour you must be at least 21 years of age and to bring valid identification with you.
- This activity includes hotel pick up from selected hotels in San Francisco. If your hotel is not mentioned, you should make your way to the meeting point near Union Square.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11|
Children between 5 and 11US$ 59
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up.
Bus transport with WiFi.
English speaking guide.
Wine tasting in three vineyards.
Hotel drop off.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.