Immerse yourself in the culture and traditions of Costa Rica on this full-day tour: learn all about coffee at Hacienda Doka, explore picturesque Grecia and admire the handmade oxcarts in Sarchí.
Doka Coffee Plantation, Grecia & Sarchí Tour
After being picked up from your hotel on the morning of your tour, you'll be taken to Hacienda Doka, one of the largest and most emblematic coffee plantations in Costa Rica. The "golden beans" grown on the Doka Estate are considered some of the best in the country, and you'll be lucky enough to learn all about the coffee production process here.
Having enjoyed your guided tour of the Doka plantation, you'll be treated to a delicious lunch of Costa Rican specialities. Then, with batteries recharged, you'll head to picturesque Grecia. Nestled in the foothills of the Cordillera Central, the volcanic mountain range in central Costa Rica, the city is renowned for its coffee and sugarcane plantations as well as for its production of beautiful textiles.
Exploring the streets of Grecia, you'll reach the Church of Our Lady of Mercy, a unique building for the fact that it is made entirely of steel plates painted red! Dating back to the 19th century, the metal church is an example of European Neo-Gothic style architecture.
The next stop on your tour will be a town considered to be the birthplace of Costa Rican craftwork: Sarchí. The town is home to a large number of artisans who still make the typical local handicrafts to this day, the most famous of which are the Sarchí oxcarts.
Handcrafted from wood and decorated with spectacular colourful painted designs, the oxcarts were traditionally used in the 19th century to transport coffee from plantations in the highlands down to the port on the Pacific coast. You'll get to see the biggest oxcart in the world, considered a national symbol!
At the end of a day packed full of culture, you'll make the return journey to your hotel in San José for 5 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 56.25
Children under 3 years oldUS$ 21.25
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Guided tour of the Doka Hacienda.
Guided tour of Grecia.
Guided tour of Sarchi.
When to book?
You can book up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.