Delve into the heart of Costa Rica on this guided tour of its capital, San José. Discover art, culture and history visiting the National Theatre and the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum.
San José Guided Tour
Having been picked up from your hotel on the day of your tour, you'll begin exploring the most important places of interest in San José, the capital and largest city of Costa Rica.
The first stop on your guided tour will be the National Theatre of Costa Rica, a critically acclaimed venue and one of the country's great cultural assets. Admire its lavish architecture and decoration inside and out, from the grand auditorium to the frescoes and statues that fill its elegant rooms.
Next, you'll delve into Costa Rican history as you enjoy a guided visit of the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, home to an impressive collection of gold artefacts dating back to 500 AD, and providing invaluable insight into the craftmanship of the pre-Columbian era.
Explore the lively streets of San José, making stops at some of the city's most emblematic landmarks and monuments, like the Plaza de la Libertad Electoral, a symbol of Costa Rican democracy.
At the end of your fascinating guided tour of San José, you'll be dropped back off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 61.25
Children under 3 years oldUS$ 20
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Entrance to and guided tour of the National Theatre.
Entrance to and guided tour of the Pre Columbian Gold Museum.
When to book?
You can book up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.