Discover the amazing landscapes of Tafí del Valle and visit the fascinating archaeological site of the Quilmes Indians on this trip from San Miguel de Tucuman.
Tafi del Valle and Quilmes Ruins Trip
After picking you up from your hotel in San Miguel de Tucumán at 7:30 pm, we'll head to the Jesuit ruins of San José de Lules, where we'll see the cultural legacy of the Society of Jesus. Continuing along the famous Route 307, we'll pass by the stunning Quebrada de Sosa gorge. In this spectacular wilderness, we'll stop in front of the impressive Monument to the Indian where our professional guide will tell you all about why it was made and who it honors.
Our journey continues, following the shoreline of La Angostura reservoir, until we reach the captivating Los Menhires Archaeological Site in El Mollar. This set of more than 50 magnificent megalithic sculptures is still an enigma and you'll hear some of the fascinating theories about their origin and meaning.
After we've finished exploring the ancient site in El Mollar, we'll travel to Tafí del Valle where you'll have some free time to explore and get some lunch. After lunch, we meet back up again and head north towards the breathtaking Calchaquí Valley and visit the Museo Jesuítico La Banda.
In this beautiful area, we'll visit one of the most extensive pre-Columbian settlements in Argentina: the Quilmes Ruins. During our visit to the ancient site, you'll learn all about who the Quilmes Indians were, about their main customs and traditions, and the legacy they left us.
We'll head back to San Miguel de Tucumán at around 4:30 pm, arriving by around 8 pm.
Tafí del Valle Trip
If you're looking for a shorter trip, we also offer the Tafi del Valle Trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
Children under 3 years oldFree
12 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (4:30 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (only for folding wheelchairs).