Discover the famous Beach of the Cathedrals, and its impressive rock shapes, with this fantastic trip from Santiago. You will also visit enchanting Lugo!
Lugo and Beach of the Cathedrals Trip
We will meet up at the Plaza de Galicia square and leave Santiago de Compostela behind to head north-east.
After an enjoyable road journey, we will arrive at the city of Lugo, very famous for its walls, which have been perfectly preserved. Once there, we will take a guided tour of the historical center for an hour and a half. Among the most emblematic monuments of the town is the cathedral of Santa María, a UNESCO World Heritage Site whose construction took more than a century.
Of course, we will also visit the Roman wall, which surrounds the old town and is more than 7000 feet long. It is one of the best-preserved Roman walls in the Iberian Peninsula. At the end of the visit, we will leave you an hour and a half of free time so that you can try the local cuisine and finish exploring Lugo at your own pace.
After the tour of Lugo, we will go to the second part of the excursion: the amazing beach of Aguas Santas, commonly known as the Cathedrals beach. It has this name due to the rocky forms of the fine white sand which evoke the flying buttresses of Gothic shrines.
We will enjoy a walk around this place taking advantage of the low tide to sneak under the arches, which are more than 100 feet high. As you stroll along the beach you will be struck by the sound of the waves crashing against these stone giants. Its beauty has earned it the official status of a Natural Monument and it is considered to be one of best beaches in Europe.
After this visit, we will return to the bus and go back to the original starting point in Santiago de Compostela where the excursion concludes.
The starting time of the tour depends on the tides. We will contact you to confirm the exact departure time for your activity. Please be at the meeting point at least ten minutes in advance.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 72.20
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Guided tour of Lugo.
Visit to Cathedrals Beach.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is there time to eat during the activity?
A - Yes. During the tour, you will have between an hour and a half and two hours of free time to eat.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza de Galicia, in front of Hotel Universal.