Tradition, secrets, legends, mysteries...discover all the enigmas that surround the Knights Templar on this templars tour of Santiago.
At the scheduled time, we'll meet in the centre of Santiago de Compostela, in Plaza Quintana. From here, and after a brief explanation about the Knights Templar, we'll start this guided walking tour around the streets of Santiago. Did you know that Santiago is one of 15 Spanish cities that have been named as UNESCO World Heritage Sites?
Our first stop will be at the San Paio de Antealtare Convent, which is the perfect place to learn about Bernard of Clairvaux, the protector of the Knights Templar. Next, we'll head to the Corticela Chapel, where we'll admire its façade and discover the symbolism and details that give us the clues of what it used be - a Templar headquarters!
The next stop will be at the Plaza de Mazarelos square. Here we'll take a look at the statue of Eugenio Montero Ríos, a Spanish politician that lived in the 19th and 20th centuries with an interesting link to masonry.
The next stop on our tour of Santiago is the Collegiate Church of Santa María a Real do Sar. Once there, we'll head inside and discover its history as an old headquarters for the Knights Templar, as well as admiring its impressive architecture and works of art.
When the tour comes to an end, you'll receive a surprise gift that is linked to Santiago and the theme of this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
Children under 12 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Professional English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Collegiate Church of Santa María a Real do Sar.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Casa Da Conga