All the beauty the Caribbean has to offer will be within your reach with this Saona Island catamaran tour. You'll discover a true tropical paradise!
Saona Island Catamaran Tour
We'll pick you up between 6:30 and 6:40 am at the Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel or at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Incarnation. Then we'll go to Bayahibe, where we'll board a speedboat to go to Saona Island.
Halfway through the trip, we'll stop for 40 minutes at the natural swimming pool Laguna Azul so that you can enjoy a unique sandbank in the middle of the Caribbean Sea. Next to this lake, there is a starfish sanctuary, so keep your eyes peeled!
We'll then sail to Saona Island, a paradisiacal place belonging to the National Park of the East. There, you'll have two hours and 45 minutes to explore on your own the coral reefs, the mangroves and the extensive palm-covered beaches.
At 1 pm we'll enjoy a succulent buffet lunch consisting of meats and various side dishes. Enjoy! With renewed strength, we'll board a catamaran to start our return journey. On the way back, you'll enjoy a party, dancing and entertainment.
The tour will end by taking you back to your departure point in Santo Domingo between 6:30 and 6:40 pm.
You can make the outward journey by catamaran and the return by speedboat. This way you'll visit the Blue Lagoon on the way back. Due to Covid-19, the itinerary could be modified and both trips could be made by catamaran.
The pick-up points in Santo Domingo are as follows:
- Hotel Sheraton Santo Domingo: every day at 6:30 am.
- Santo Domingo Cathedral: daily at 6:40 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 10 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 4 and 10 years oldUS$ 33
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Transport by minibus, catamaran and speedboat.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.