Do you have a layover of more than six hours? That's plenty of time to discover the city's history, skyscrapers, churches and charm on this private tour of Sao Paulo.
Sao Paulo Layover Tour
Sometimes having a layover can be annoying, other times they can be the perfect opportunity to explore a city you wouldn't otherwise have visited! On this Sao Paulo Layover Tour, we'll pick you up from Sao Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport and make the hour-long journey into the city centre so you can discover the charm and beauty of the city with zero hassle.
First, we'll stop at the exact place where the city was founded, and then discover downtown on a brief historical walking tour, where you'll see the Sé Cathedral, considered to be the world's fourth-largest Gothic cathedral.
We'll continue the tour in a private vehicle, giving you panoramic views of the Neo-Romanesque San Benito Monastery, the Altino Arantes building and the Martinelli building, the city's first skyscraper. You'll also see the second highest building in Brazil: the Italian Tower. Plus, we'll step back in time and discover historical places such as the Law School, Tea Bridge, the Municipal Theatre and the St Francis Church, built in the 18th century.
You'll also see the City Hall, a building made completely out of travertine marble, and we'll continue our route to the Liberdade neighbourhood. Did you know more Japanese people live here than anywhere else outside of Japan? What's more, we'll also head into the green heart of the city, Ibirapuera Park, before reaching the popular Avenida Paulista.
Our final stop will be at the Municipal Market, an interesting building which houses food stalls with the city's most delicious delicacies. This is the oldest market in Sao Paulo and is the perfect spot for you to get a bite to eat before we return to the airport and you can continue your onward journey.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 188.10
Up to 6 peopleUS$ 338.60
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 451.50
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 564.40
Up to 12 peopleUS$ 677.30
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Private, exclusive tour, there will not be anybody else in the group.
Airport pick up and drop off.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Sao Paulo local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Arrivals terminal, Sao Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport