Discover the legendary history of Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius on this day trip from Sorrento. Learn all about one of the most famous volcanic eruptions of all time and explore the preserved ancient Roman city.
Pompeii and Vesuvius Day Trip Itinerary
After being picked up from your hotel in Sorrento, you'll head in the direction of Pompeii, the ancient Roman city that was buried under volcanic ash when Mount Vesuvius erupted in the year 79 AD. Wandering through the streets of the former metropolis, you'll see an incredible snapshot of what life was like in Ancient Rome.
Discover the splendour of the historic city, well-preserved by the ash for over 2000 years. Temples, the basilica, the forum, the public baths and even the remains of the people who lived there have been frozen in time. Plaster casts of the victims reflect the terror they experienced in the eruption.
Your day trip will then continue, heading next to Mount Vesuvius, a volcano of over 4200 feet (1200 m) in height. It is still considered to be one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world, and is the most populated volcanic region in the world, with three million people living in its vicinity. Hear about the mythology surrounding the peak - does the name Hercules sound familiar to you? This legendary personality appears in several stories about Vesuvius.
At the end of your excursion to Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius, you'll return to your hotel in Sorrento.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old|
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 89.70
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Skip the line entry to the Pompeii archaeological site.
Entry to Mount Vesuvius.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).